commons-dev mailing list archives

From Sangjin Lee <sj...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [daemon] any incompatibilities between 1.0.3 and 1.0.13
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2013 17:15:27 GMT
As far as I can tell (and I'm not an expert on hadoop), the one place where
commons-daemon is used is in SecureDataNodeStarter in Hadoop HDFS code. For
example:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hadoop/common/branches/branch-2/hadoop-hdfs-project/hadoop-hdfs/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hdfs/server/datanode/SecureDataNodeStarter.java?revision=1423241&view=markup

Also, in the 1.x branch I believe the platform-native binaries are being
bundled as part of the hadoop deliverable. I don't know that it is the case
in hadoop 2.x.

This is the corresponding JIRA issue filed on HDFS:

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
Sangjin