commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Math] Moving on or not?
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2013 15:04:12 GMT
IMO, any [commons] component can update it's Java requirement as it sees
fit. I would rather see /one/ [math] component instead of two.

My advise would be to (1) plan for a version 3.2 that is based Java 6 or 7
and release 3.1.x versions for bug fixes only.

Alternatively, you could (1) plan for a version 4.0 that is based Java 6 or
7 and release 3.x versions for bug fixes AND back-port of 4.0 features,
where 3.x does NOT change Java versions.

Gary