commons-dev mailing list archives

From Benedikt Ritter <brit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1441784 - /commons/sandbox/beanutils2/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/beanutils2/PropertyDescriptorsRegistry.java
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2013 08:27:34 GMT
Hi Simo,

thanks for sharing your thoughts! I personally try to avoid static imports.
Especially when you come to a legacy code base IMHO it makes the code
harder to understand. You always have to look, where a method comes from.
Also you may have the problem, that you accidentally override imported
static methods, when defining a new static method with the same name.
BU2 is a very small code base, so it would be okay for me to revert the
change.

Nevertheless I'd be interested to hear what others thing about this topic.

Bene