commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles <g.sadow...@scarlet.be>
Subject Re: [math] Contributions to filter package
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2013 14:07:12 GMT
Hello Jens.

Thanks for your interest in contributing!

> I recently spent some time to extend the filter package.
> Included features are:
> - Extended Kalman Filter with user supplied transition functions
> - Unscented Kalman Filter
> - Rauch Tung Striebel Kalman Smoother
> - Ability to supply combinations of nonlinear and linear kalman
> filter
> setups, i.e. nonlinear unscented system transition with a linear
> measurment update
>
> Notes:
> - API change to Kalman Filter itself was necessary in order to supply
> filter combinations

If this change is not backwards-compatible, it cannot be committed
until we decide to prepare the next major release (4.0).

> - Preliminary Test setups rather than real test cases that test
> filter
> integrity
> - Use of Java 6
> [...]

The current consensus is that the source code must be Java 5
compatible.
Java 6 or 7 code cannot be committed until we succeed in changing
that...

Best regards,
Gilles