commons-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Neidhart <thomas.neidh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1447443 - in /commons/proper/codec/trunk/src: changes/ main/java/org/apache/commons/codec/binary/
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2013 11:21:41 GMT
On 02/18/2013 11:08 PM, Gary Gregory wrote:
> How does this affect the B32 code and the common code w B64?

Ok, I now attached a patch to the issue.

It should be transparent for B32 and B64 (as it uses the
encoded/unencodedBlockSize variables).

Performance has improved, but is still not on level with e.g. MigBase.
I did quite a lot of profiling, but still can not say precisely where
the major bottleneck is.

The actual encoding code is quite minimal, and the array copying also
does not have such a large impact.

There are definitely more objects created in CC, and we also have the
overhead of a virtual method call.

Thomas