commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1443696 - /commons/sandbox/beanutils2/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/beanutils2/Argument.java
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2013 19:15:57 GMT
Am 08.02.2013 09:26, schrieb Benedikt Ritter:
> Hi Simo,
>

> 2013/2/8 Simone Tripodi <simonetripodi@apache.org>
>
>>> How do you feel about this? Checkstyle complains about this, and I think
>> it
>>> is sufficient to tell users that an argument must not be null.
>>
>> sorry, which one?
>>

> should have made that clearer :)
> I removed the @throws NullpointerException from the JavaDoc because check
> style complains about this (NPE is not declared in the method's signature).
> I think it is enough to tell users that an argument must not be null. WDYT?
>
> Benedikt

In his "Effective Java" Josh Bloch recommends the following related to
runtime exceptions:
- Don't declare them using a throws clause
- Document them in JavaDocs using @throws

In [configuration] I do it this way. I am wondering why checkstyle
complains about the Javadocs declaration. Maybe its configuration should
be tweaked?

Oliver