commons-dev mailing list archives

From Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ETA SvnPubSub site migration
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2013 15:14:12 GMT
What about having a reporting profile (enabled per default).
And using -DskipReports to not generated cobertura, findbugs etc..

Perso I like this idea as currently when you want to test a typo fix
in a .apt or .xdoc it's very long to generate the site only for a typo
fix in documentation.

2013/1/9 Gilles Sadowski <gilles@harfang.homelinux.org>:
> On Wed, Jan 09, 2013 at 08:37:33AM -0500, Gary Gregory wrote:
>> On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 8:11 AM, Gilles Sadowski <
>> gilles@harfang.homelinux.org> wrote:

>> > For [Math] it would be much better (since AFAIK nobody came up with a way
>> > disable Cobertura on a per-component basis).
>> >
>> > From what I infer from looking at the Sonar report page, we could have the
>> > best of all worlds if every Commons project were registered indepently in
>> > Sonar. Currently, there is one "Commons Proper Aggregator Project
>> > 1.0-SNAPSHOT" (which does not represent the actual situation that the
>> > components are independent from each other). However, it seems that with
>> > several projects registered, it could be possible to compare two versions
>> > of the same project, thereby providing complete information on the
>> > evolution
>> > of the code. Am I wrong?
>> >

>> Sonar has no value for local development though (before you commit). I need
>> the reports to run locally when, for example, I am improving code coverage,
>> fixing FindBugs, PMD, and Checkstyle issues.
>
> Nothing will prevent you to run Cobertura by calling the new profile
> explicitly. We've explained that Cobertura is a PITA for Commons Math
> developers.
>

> Thanks,
> Gilles

Olivier Lamy