commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Fortner <phidia...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VFS] Support for File System Roots?
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2013 00:50:15 GMT
Gary,
The File#getRoots() method that you mentioned gets the file system roots
and not user-specific directories like Documents, Downloads, Photos, Music,
etc.

I ended up creating a solution with maps of directories for each operating
system (or relevant OS version in the case of Windows).  I also implemented
a solution for resolving "~" as the home directory in URLs.  I can check
these into my project and send you the URLs for the files if you're
interested.

Cheers,

Mark

On Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 3:18 PM, Roger L. Whitcomb <Roger.Whitcomb@actian.com