commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Commons Email 1.3 based on RC7
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2013 10:53:55 GMT
On 9 January 2013 10:03, Thomas Neidhart <thomas.neidhart@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 8:41 PM, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> +1.
>>
>> I suspect we'll need another RC to deal with pub/svn when you actually try
>> to do the release because the usual place we put sites is now supposed to
>> be read-only.
>>

> my own +1.
>
> My understanding was that the old deployment process still works, but is
> not supported anymore by infra.

There are two aspects to this:
- whether the staging area is read-only protected
- whether the staging area is being copied to the public areas on www.apache.org

The latter was previously being done using a cron job.
If that has already been switched off, then the staging area can be
updated, but the changes won't be propagated.

[For projects which have been switched, the staging area will no
longer be directly writable as it will be maintained by SVN]