commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [math] subversion auto-props
Date Sat, 19 Jan 2013 15:22:13 GMT
On 19 January 2013 13:56, Thomas Neidhart <thomas.neidhart@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as I have seen it already multiple times, some people do not seem to
> have subversion auto-props enabled or configured correctly.
>
> You should at least add something like the following to your
> .subversion/config file in the [auto-props] section:
>
> *.java = svn:mime-type=text/plain;svn:eol-style=native;svn:keywords=Id
> Revision HeadURL

The only setting that is absolutely required is svn:eol-style, as
fixing that can cause huge diffs to be generated.
The others can easily be fixed later, but does no harm to enable them.

I don't recommend using $HeadURL$ in source code, because it can be
either http: and https:; this messes up comparison of the tag with
source archives.