commons-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Neidhart <thomas.neidh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GUMP@vmgump]: Project commons-email (in module apache-commons) failed
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2013 09:02:42 GMT
On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 6:26 AM, Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:

> On 2013-01-08, Gump wrote:
>
> >       at java.lang.Short.parseShort(Short.java:143)
> >       at
> org.powermock.modules.junit4.common.internal.impl.VersionCompatibility.getJUnitVersion(VersionCompatibility.java:40)

> >   initializationError(org.apache.commons.mail.MultiPartEmailTest): Value
> out of range. Value:"08012013" Radix:10
>
> Oompf.
>
> Gump sets JUnit's version to the current date while building it (right
> now in the format DDMMYYYY but this will change soonish).  This doesn't
> fit into a short.
>
> Is there any way around this version check or do we need to change the
> way Gump builds JUnit to make it work?

This is due to the powermock dependency that has been introduced lately.
The implemented version check seems to be broken (see
http://code.google.com/p/powermock/issues/detail?id=381) and is pretty
useless anyway, but there seems to be no way to disable it for now.

I would like to keep powermock, but we could disable the tests in question
until the version format changes?

Thomas