commons-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Neidhart <thomas.neidh...@gmail.com>
Subject [math] OptimizationData and LinearConstraintSet
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2013 13:28:56 GMT
Hi,

by investigating a recent issue (MATH-930), I discovered that the newly
introduced LinearConstraintSet stores the constraints internally in a
HashSet.
This leads to undeterministic behavior as the iteration order of
constraints is not fixed (especially between different JRE versions).

TBH, I never reviewed this change and I am a bit surprised to see it. Imho
there is no need to have a Set here, and would prefer to change this to a
list implementation.

Thomas