commons-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce A Johnson <johns...@umbc.edu>
Subject Re: [math] Question regarding use of CM - who is using it?. .
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2013 20:55:42 GMT
I use CM in my NMR (Nuclear Magnetic Resonance)  data analysis package for Fourier transforms,
fitting experimental data (optimization package), molecular structure refinement, statistics
and more.

Bruce

http://www.onemoonscientific.com

On Jan 31, 2013, at 3:50 PM, "Becksfort, Jared" <Jared.Becksfort@STJUDE.ORG> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have used CM in statistics and medical image processing.
> - For image processing, I have used the threed geometry package to help me determine
planes of maximum symmetry in 3D human MRI and CT scans.
> - For statistics, I am using code that I contributed (after feedback from Gilles) in
the multivariate statistics packages to provide multivariate tissue models in MRI.  More code
is forthcoming.

> I have seen some packages around the web that include or require you to download CM.
 Java-ML and Fiji (Fiji Is Just ImageJ) do, and I think I have seen a few more involving image
processing, but the names escape me.

> Jared

like to have a few more examples of how CM is currently used.