commons-dev mailing list archives

From <Matthew.Web...@Diamond.ac.uk>
Subject RE: [VOTE][RC1] Release Commons Math 3.1.1
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2013 09:10:43 GMT
The vote is closed, I think, but the following observation might be useful:

We were previously running with an earlier snapshot of 3.1.0 (from 2012/10/09). When we upgraded
to 3.1.0 final, the runtime of one of our JUnit tests jumped from consistently 12 SECONDS
to a *very* long time (I killed it after 30 MINUTES). We didn’t seem to be converging as
quickly as we were previously ;-)

The developer involved said that there were some issues with the test, but never-the-less
it was clear that something had changed, and not for the better ...

I re-ran the test with 3.1.1 RC, and the runtime is now consistently 27 seconds.

This would probably be more useful if I could tell you what our test code did, but anyhow

Matthew Webber

--
This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential, copyright and or privileged material,
and are for the use of the intended addressee only. If you are not the intended addressee