commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Math][ALL] Preparing 3.1.1
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2013 00:34:04 GMT
On 1/8/13 4:22 PM, Gilles Sadowski wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I got another report that CM 3.1 is unusable due to
>   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MATH-924
>
> I'm going to prepare 3.1.1 ASAP.
>
> (1)
> However, the new "DiagonalMatrix" class is a skeleton currently, with
> just enough functionality to fix the bug (hopefully).
> [It even lacks unit tests. Help appreciated to fill that void.]
> Even with unit tests, I'm tempted to mark this class as "deprecated" since
> we did not seriously decide which way to go with the design of matrix
> implementations. OK?

I would not release it new marked deprecated.  One option would be
to move it to the package where it is used for now and give it
package scope (so not part of public API).  I would be OK just
releasing as is, personally.  I will take a closer look tonight; but
the API looks OK to me, so I don't see big risk releasing it.

> (2)
> >From what I read on the ML, I guess the svn/CMS/site does not work smoothly
> yet.
> For this bug-fix release, with no API change, can we skip the web site
> generation and vote only on the tag and JAR artefacts?
> [I wouldn't even know how people will be able to download the source
> distribution...]
I suspect replication from p.a.o still works, as we did open the
requested JIRA and we are waiting on infra.  We can ask for help
getting the site replicated if it is still not working when the
release is ready for the mirrors.  We should vote on full artifacts.

Phil