commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles Sadowski <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject [ALL] Remove some artefacts from Nexus? (Was: [VOTE][RC1] Release ...)
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2013 10:57:26 GMT
Hi.

> [...]
>
> btw. I found something is missing in your release guide on the wiki
> (from the UsingNexus page):

I'm not maintaining the page on the Wiki (I'll remove it). The
"authoritative" source is in the "doc/release" directory of the CM's trunk.

> Nexus release
>
>   * remove commons-<component>-<version>-bin.* and
>     commons-<component>-<version>-src.* from nexus staging area

Can someone confirm this? In the affirmative, why are these uploaded to the
server in the first place?

>   * Promote

This is point 13 of the "recipe".

> The removal of the bin and src artifacts should be done, otherwise they
> are pushed to the maven repo. A quick check shows that many commons
> releases have them included on maven, which just bloats their repo imho.

Let's see if there is another reason... ;-)

Regards,
Gilles