commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Bruno P. Kinoshita" <ki...@apache.org>
Subject [functor] Remove TODO comment from CollectionTransformer
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2013 01:22:53 GMT
Hi all,

The CollectionTransformer in [functor] has the following TODO:

   TODO revisit this class... it could stand a more-descriptive name.  Also, it's a little
   hard to say whether, for an instance constructed without a specific target collection,
   #evaluate() should return a new ArrayList for each call, or continue adding to
   a single ArrayList instance (the current behavior).
   Perhaps this is more a documentation issue than anything.

>  it could stand a more-descriptive name.

I'm okay with the name. What this class does is, for a given generator, it fills a collection
with the generated elements and returns this collection. Maybe GenetorToCollection? Any thoughts?

> Also, it's a little
   hard to say whether, for an instance constructed without a specific target collection,
   #evaluate() should return a new ArrayList for each call, or continue adding to
   a single ArrayList instance (the current behavior).

It used an ArrayList in teh past, but now it uses generics. I believe this part of the comment
can be ignored. This TODO was mentioned in the last release vote too http://markmail.org/message/ythw55yad5lrvqrj

Thanks in advance

[1]
Bruno P. Kinoshita