commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dietmar Wolz <drdietmarw...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: [Math] Remove "BOBYQAOptimizer"
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2013 09:49:00 GMT

>If nobody is able to work on "BOBYQAOptimizer" so as to make it a
>maintainable and documented code, I request that it be removed from the next
>major release (4.0).

No objections from my side. BOBYQA was again heavily used at
https://issfd.jpl.nasa.gov/home/GTOC6 (10th place this time), but

for performance reasons I used a C++ variant wrapped via JNI called from Java
code implementing the CMA optimizer interface. This seems the better solution
(keep the optimizer implementation outside CMA/Java and use only the interface)|
as long as we have no real Java implementation.