commons-dev mailing list archives

From Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: We will not be able to update our websites...
Date Sat, 15 Dec 2012 07:51:13 GMT
2012/12/15 Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com>:
> So now I'm confused.  You are proposing to bypass the CMS altogether and only publish
to the live site.  Why?  Even projects like Flume that use maven for the site build still
do it in the CMS.

Nope I propose to use both. very similar as flume, maven (maybe others).
Top site build with cms
subsites published manually.

But this need to add a lot of paths in extpaths.txt file as publishing
tru cms will be very very very long due to the number of path.
A solution is to generate subsite content to a dedicated svn path:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/cms-site/trunk/proper/ (or other name)
and add some redirect in .htaccess commons.a.o/io -> commons.a.o/proper/io
same for sandbox
makes sense ?

> Ralph
>
> On Dec 14, 2012, at 4:33 PM, Olivier Lamy wrote:

>>> Maybe you can update the jira entry to say you want a solution "à la" maven
?
>>> and website content from
>>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/websites/production/commons/content/
>>>
>>> I will update commons-site now to get it working for cms.
>>>

>> Done.
>>
>>> For deploying I can try make configuration easy if you accept to use
>>> something like: mvn site site:stage scm-publish:publish-scm rather
>>> than mvn site-deploy (btw that won't be possible for multi modules :-)
>>> ).
>>>
>>> Note that will need a release of your parent pom.

The

the main site
Lamy (do

asking for a

> [...]