commons-dev mailing list archives

From Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: We will not be able to update our websites...
Date Fri, 28 Dec 2012 21:09:36 GMT
Still no response from infra https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-5657

So I don't know how to start importing content...

What to do is:
* upgrade to parent <version>28-SNAPSHOT</version>
* add a property <commons.site.path>exec</commons.site.path>  which
contains the project path relative to commons.a.o

And that's it :-)

parent will need a change regarding a property
<commons.scmPubUrl>https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/cms-site/trunk/${commons.site.path}</commons.scmPubUrl>

which will be probably

<commons.scmPubUrl>https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/websites/production/commons/content/${commons.site.path}</commons.scmPubUrl>

No way to test/deploy content atm.

2012/12/28 Phil Steitz <phil.steitz@gmail.com>:
> On 12/18/12 2:32 PM, Olivier Lamy wrote:

to be huge.  You will get the main part of the web site and then you can get the subproject
parts you want individually.

that represents the symlink. Of course, it doesn't do anything useful on windows as it would
on a unix-based system, but I would expect you could hand modify it to update the link.

than doing a cp and svn commit?
then figure out what to remove?  If so, then it is going to take longer than the process I
outlined as each commit to the production goes to a new location in svn.

>>> yup.
>>> In your case (only versionned site/new location) that doesn't help.
>> But in the maven site case that helps as there is huge content.
>> Having a full copy is a bit too huge and not very useful.
>> So with using the plugin, just say you want to commit to
>> http:///blabla/bar/beer/wine, if the path doesn't exists it will be
>> created then content committed in.
>
> Tick, tock, guys.  We are about to turn into a pumpkin :)
>
> I have some time over the next few days to help, but I have sort of
> lost the plot.  Sorry to be slow and ignorant, but can someone post
> or point to a "horsey, ducky, lamby" set of instructions that I can
> use to start helping migrate stuff?  I will start with [math],
> [dbcp] and [pool] if I can get pointed in the right direction.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Phil

Olivier Lamy
Talend: http://coders.talend.com