commons-dev mailing list archives

From Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: We will not be able to update our websites...
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2012 22:32:28 GMT
2012/12/18 Olivier Lamy <olamy@apache.org>:
> 2012/12/18 Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com>:

huge.  You will get the main part of the web site and then you can get the subproject parts
you want individually.

represents the symlink. Of course, it doesn't do anything useful on windows as it would on
a unix-based system, but I would expect you could hand modify it to update the link.

>>> Part of the build so no manual steps (add, commit etc...)
>>> And do some cleanup: If content generated doesn't produce anymore
>>> file(s) which were in svn path they will be "svn rm".
>>
>> Is this the plugin that has to checkout a copy and do a diff so that it can then
figure out what to remove?  If so, then it is going to take longer than the process I outlined
as each commit to the production goes to a new location in svn.

> yup.
> In your case (only versionned site/new location) that doesn't help.
But in the maven site case that helps as there is huge content.
Having a full copy is a bit too huge and not very useful.
So with using the plugin, just say you want to commit to
http:///blabla/bar/beer/wine, if the path doesn't exists it will be
created then content committed in.