commons-dev mailing list archives

From Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: We will not be able to update our websites...
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2012 22:29:11 GMT
2012/12/18 Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com>:

> On Dec 18, 2012, at 2:11 PM, Olivier Lamy wrote:

>>> If you follow the instructions on the wiki the checkout doesn't have to be huge.
 You will get the main part of the web site and then you can get the subproject parts you
want individually.

>>> I noticed that when you check out the site on Windows you get a file that represents
the symlink. Of course, it doesn't do anything useful on windows as it would on a unix-based
system, but I would expect you could hand modify it to update the link.

>>> What does the scm-plugin do to deploy the site that makes it easier than doing
a cp and svn commit?
>> Part of the build so no manual steps (add, commit etc...)
>> And do some cleanup: If content generated doesn't produce anymore
>> file(s) which were in svn path they will be "svn rm".
>
> Is this the plugin that has to checkout a copy and do a diff so that it can then figure
out what to remove?  If so, then it is going to take longer than the process I outlined as
each commit to the production goes to a new location in svn.

yup.
In your case (only versionned site/new location) that doesn't help.