commons-dev mailing list archives

From Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: We will not be able to update our websites...
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2012 21:24:39 GMT
2012/12/18 Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com>:

> On Dec 18, 2012, at 1:03 PM, Olivier Lamy wrote:

to svn.  That is not required.  Just use stage-deploy to deploy to a local directory on your
computer, then copy that under where you have the production web site checked out and check
it in.  See http://wiki.apache.org/logging/ManagingTheWebSite

in the subdirectory that is listed in extpaths.txt, not some other subversion location.  If
you look under log4j, for example, you will see a directory for each release and a directory
that is a symlink to the current release (for Log4j 2 the 2.x directory links to log4j-2.0-beta3.

>>> This step is not necessary.  sub-project content can be committed directly to
https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/websites/production/commons/content/lang/lang-n.n or https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/websites/production/commons/content/proper/lang/lang-n.n
depending on what is in extpaths.txt

>> Ok I see now (as I said in a previous mail) I believed you wanted to
>> use  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/cms-site/trunk/ rather
>> than https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/websites/production/commons/content
>
> I'm not sure what http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/cms-site/trunk is.  It doesn't
seem to be the actual CMS site.  That seems to be at http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/commons-site/trunk/.
Personally, I prefer commons/cms-site/trunk as the actually location for the CMS content instead
of proper/commons-site/trunk. But only one of the two is needed and it would be where the
CMS content resides.

Ok looks good for me too.
Content from /proper/commons-site/trunk/ must be copied. I can do that.