commons-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1416672 - /commons/proper/email/trunk/pom.xml
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2012 23:01:56 GMT
On 5 December 2012 20:47, Thomas Neidhart <thomas.neidhart@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/04/2012 10:41 PM, sebb wrote:
>> On 4 December 2012 21:16, Thomas Neidhart <thomas.neidhart@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> On 12/03/2012 11:25 PM, sebb wrote:
>>>> On 3 December 2012 22:11, Thomas Neidhart <thomas.neidhart@gmail.com>
wrote:
>>>>> On 12/03/2012 11:01 PM, Gary Gregory wrote:
>>>>>> Note that Commons IO 2.4 requires a minimum of JDK 1.6.
>>>>>
>>>>> ok, reverted to IO 2.2.
>>>>>
>>>>>>          <dependency>
>>>>>>              <groupId>net.sf.retrotranslator</groupId>
>>>>>>              <artifactId>retrotranslator-runtime</artifactId>
>>>>>> -            <version>1.2.1</version>
>>>>>> +            <version>1.2.9</version>
>>>>>>              <scope>test</scope>
>>>>>>          </dependency>
>>>>>
>>>>>> Is the above dependency still needed for Java 1.5?
>>>>>
>>>>> Actually I did not yet look into it, but a brief search shows that it
is
>>>>> only needed for compatibility with jdk 1.3 & 1.4, so I guess we can
>>>>> remove it now?
>>>>
>>>> As I suspected.
>>>>
>>>> It's only a test dependency anyway.
>>>>
>>>> Try a test; remove it and retest?
>>>
>>> I have seen you already did the change yourself together with lots of
>>> other things.
>>
>> Yes, I did the test as above.
>>
>>> Thanks!
>>
>> OK, no problem!
>>
>> The fixes found a bug in one of the tests - trying to use String
>> instead of InternetAddress when calling setCc.
>>
>> BTW Clirr reports several errors, but I think these are false positives.
>> Several String constants were removed from the Email class (not by me)
>> and moved into an interface that it now implements.
>>
>> The constants are still accessible as Email.CONSTANT, so I assume this
>> should not cause problems.
>>
>> But ideally someone should compile a jar of the 1.2 test classes
>> (using the 1.2 tag) and test against the 1.3 main jar.
>> That would show any binary compat issues. [I think we now
>> automatically include test jars in the Maven output, but may not have
>> been done for 1.2]
>
> ok, I compiled the 1.3 jar, created the 1.2 test-jar and used the junit
> command line tool to run the 1.2 tests using the 1.3 jar.
>
> All tests were successful.

Excellent!

Thanks for doing this.

> Thomas
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@commons.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@commons.apache.org
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@commons.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@commons.apache.org


Mime
View raw message