commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE][CANCEL] Release of commons-email-1.3 based on RC4
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2012 11:56:19 GMT
On 11 December 2012 08:58, Thomas Neidhart <thomas.neidhart@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thanks for looking into it.
>
> I will fix the issues wrt build page, release notes and findbugs warnings.
>
> Regarding the unit test failure:
>
> I have not seen the problem before, and just validated it. The unit test
> tries to open a connection to an invalid url: http://example.invalid
> For some reason this seems to succeed in your environment. Could it be that
> you have a custom hosts entry for this domain?

Or it could be a faulty DNS server.

I used to have this exact problem with the OpenDNS server.
They resolve unknown hosts to their home page (extra advertising).
They used to do this for *.invalid as well, but after years of
complaints that this behaviour was contrary to the RFC they fixed the
issue.

Try pinging example.invalid and then do an nslookup on the IP address.