commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1416672 - /commons/proper/email/trunk/pom.xml
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2012 21:41:55 GMT
On 4 December 2012 21:16, Thomas Neidhart <thomas.neidhart@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/03/2012 11:25 PM, sebb wrote:
>>>
>>> ok, reverted to IO 2.2.

>>> Actually I did not yet look into it, but a brief search shows that it is
>>> only needed for compatibility with jdk 1.3 & 1.4, so I guess we can
>>> remove it now?
>>
>> As I suspected.
>>
>> It's only a test dependency anyway.
>>
>> Try a test; remove it and retest?
>
> I have seen you already did the change yourself together with lots of
> other things.

Yes, I did the test as above.

> Thanks!

OK, no problem!

The fixes found a bug in one of the tests - trying to use String
instead of InternetAddress when calling setCc.

BTW Clirr reports several errors, but I think these are false positives.
Several String constants were removed from the Email class (not by me)
and moved into an interface that it now implements.

The constants are still accessible as Email.CONSTANT, so I assume this
should not cause problems.

But ideally someone should compile a jar of the 1.2 test classes
(using the 1.2 tag) and test against the 1.3 main jar.
That would show any binary compat issues. [I think we now
automatically include test jars in the Maven output, but may not have
been done for 1.2]