commons-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Neidhart <thomas.neidh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE][RC5] Release Commons Math 3.1
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2012 09:17:59 GMT
On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 11:26 AM, Gilles Sadowski <
gilles@harfang.homelinux.org> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Please have a look at the next candidate (RC5), and vote for the release
> of Commons Math 3.1.
>
> ----------
> Tag:
>   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/math/tags/MATH_3_1_RC5/
>
> Site:
>   http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/math/3.1/RC5/
>
> Binaries:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-052/org/apache/commons/commons-math3/3.1/
>
> [ ] +1 Release it.
> [ ] +0 Go ahead; I don't care.
> [ ] -0 There are a few minor glitches: ...
> [ ] -1 No, do not release it because ...
>
> This vote will close in 72 hours.
> ----------

Hi,

this is not yet my vote, just a request for clarification.

I checked again the Clirr errors, and there are still the two related to
the probability method in LogNormal and NormalDistribution.

In 3.0, there was a method with only 1 parameter, which always returned 0.
Now there is a probability method with two parameters, which is defined in
the implemented interface AbstractRealDistribution.

You mentioned that this is a false positive, but I doubt this. Maybe the
probability method was never used, but then it should at least be mentioned
in the release notes.

Sorry to be pedantic about this.

Thomas