commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <simonetrip...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [functor] Using [fucntor] functional interfaces with Java 8 lambdas
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2012 21:37:22 GMT
AMAZING

congrats Bruno!
-Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
http://www.99soft.org/

On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 8:22 PM, Bruno P. Kinoshita
<brunodepaulak@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just wanted to let you guys know that I am successfully compiling and executing code
using [functor] and Java 8. And am also using [functor] functional interfaces with lambdas.

> So instead of writing:
>

> UnaryPredicate isEven = new UnaryPredicate() {
>     public boolean test(Integer obj) {
>         return obj % 2 == 0;
>     }
> };
>
> One can simply write:
>
> UnaryPredicate isEven = (Integer obj) -> { return obj % 2 == 0; };
>
> FWIW, Google Guava's Predicate [1] is not a functional interface, so it cannot be used
with lambdas, as in the example above.

> I'll continue to experiment with [functor] and Java 8. There are only two open issues
in Jira, one regarding generators (there's a branch with a proposal implementation) and another
one about the equals() method in the [functor] API.

> I wrote a short blog post [2] about how I'm running Java 8 in Eclipse Juno, in case anyone
is interested in trying it too. The code is hosted at GitHub [3].