commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <>
Subject Re: We will not be able to update our websites...
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2012 21:17:37 GMT

On Dec 18, 2012, at 1:03 PM, Olivier Lamy wrote:

> 2012/12/18 Ralph Goers <>:
svn.  That is not required.  Just use stage-deploy to deploy to a local directory on your
computer, then copy that under where you have the production web site checked out and check
it in.  See
in the subdirectory that is listed in extpaths.txt, not some other subversion location.  If
you look under log4j, for example, you will see a directory for each release and a directory
that is a symlink to the current release (for Log4j 2 the 2.x directory links to log4j-2.0-beta3.
>>> So maybe I misunderstood what you want to do.
>>> What I understood:
>>> 1) main site is build from
>>> (and marked as cms content so possible to modify files via the cms ui)
>>> technically a buildbot job run the maven build and commit the
>>> generated site to
>>> (this svn path
>>> will serve as infra for web site content staging then live) (note I
>>> did the change for infra requirement on sources structure)
>>> 2) due to #1 sub project content (take lang) must be committed to
>> This step is not necessary.  sub-project content can be committed directly to
depending on what is in extpaths.txt
> Ok I see now (as I said in a previous mail) I believed you wanted to
> use rather
> than

I'm not sure what is.  It doesn't seem
to be the actual CMS site.  That seems to be at
Personally, I prefer commons/cms-site/trunk as the actually location for the CMS content instead
of proper/commons-site/trunk. But only one of the two is needed and it would be where the
CMS content resides.

As I understand it we don't have a choice, we have to use
for the production site.