commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: We will not be able to update our websites...
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2012 18:51:26 GMT

On Dec 18, 2012, at 9:10 AM, Olivier Lamy wrote:

> 2012/12/18 Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com>:
>> I still don't understand why you are committing the subprojects to svn.  That is
not required.  Just use stage-deploy to deploy to a local directory on your computer, then
copy that under where you have the production web site checked out and check it in.  See http://wiki.apache.org/logging/ManagingTheWebSite

> As I can see in section "Managing Sub-project Sites" this doc says
> "Make sure all that is added to svn and commit it."
> So subsites must be checked in (here I configure this to be done tru a
> maven plugin and not manually)
> Infra will be able to use as production web site:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/cms-site/trunk/ (or
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/websites/production/commons/content/
> but this one still doesn't exist, I will ping infra on the jira entry
> for their preference).

Step 6 is referring to checking it in directly to https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/websites/production/logging/content/
in the subdirectory that is listed in extpaths.txt, not some other subversion location.  If
you look under log4j, for example, you will see a directory for each release and a directory
that is a symlink to the current release (for Log4j 2 the 2.x directory links to log4j-2.0-beta3.

> So if you want sub-project sites available AFAIK this (check in all
> content) must be done (or I misunderstand something: -)).
>
> Makes sense ?

Not really.

Ralph