commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [vfs] How can find the maven repository of commons-vfs , and how can develope the filesystem protocol for myself?
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2012 07:06:32 GMT

On Dec 17, 2012, at 6:08 PM, yeyz wrote:

> Hi, everyone.
>
>         I delivered one post about vfs without detail title, getting no
> reply. So I want to ask the same question again. Thks!
>
>         I am a new comer to apache vfs. But when I import the vfs project
> to eclipse through maven, there are five errors listed in the [problems]
> list.
>
> And one is :
>
>         Description      Resource Path Location   Type
>
> Project build error: Non-resolvable parent POM for
> org.apache.commons:commons-vfs2-project:2.1-SNAPSHOT: Failure to transfer
> org.apache.commons:commons-parent:pom:27 from http://repo1.maven.org/maven2
> was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until
> the update interval of central has elapsed or updates are forced. Original
> error: Could not transfer artifact org.apache.commons:commons-parent:pom:27
> from/to central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2): Connect times out and
> 'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local POM     pom.xml         /Commons
> VFS Core        line 1         Maven pom Loading Problem

This error seems to indicate you are having connectivity issues getting to the Maven central
repository. I'm not sure how we can help with that.

> And when I want to use vfs in another Java project use :
>
>         <repository>
>
>            <id>commons-vfs</id>
>
>            <name>Apache Commons VFS Repository Group</name>
>
>            <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/
> <https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/%3c/url> </url>
>
>            <layout>default</layout>
>
>            <snapshots>
>
>                <enabled>true</enabled>
>
>            </snapshots>
>
>        </repository>
>

>    <dependency>
>
>           <groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId>
>
>           <artifactId>commons-vfs2</artifactId>
>
>           <version>2.0</version>
>
>       </dependency>
>

>    Or
>
>        <dependency>
>
>            <groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId>
>
>            <artifactId>commons-vfs2</artifactId>
>
>            <version>2.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
>
>        </dependency>
>

>         The jar cannot be downloaded correct.

Why? What error are you getting. Again, the 2.0 version should be downloadable from the Maven
central repository.  The 2.1 snapshot may not have ever been deployed to a Nexus repository.
 In that case you should just run mvn install from the command line to build it.  However,
if Maven can't connect to the central repository not much is going to work.  Perhaps you have
a local proxy for Maven Central?

Ralph