commons-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Neidhart <thomas.neidh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Math 3.1
Date Sun, 16 Dec 2012 15:51:25 GMT
On 12/16/2012 04:39 PM, Gilles Sadowski wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 04:09:54PM +0100, Thomas Neidhart wrote:

>>> I agree that in the first instances, no change should have been done (the
>>> more so that they are modifications of deprecated methods).
>>>
>>> The last two are false positives, for some unknown reason.

>>> Done.

>>> Done. (Look at the date! ;-)

>>> I don't quite understand this one. [IIUC, I don't see why those should be
>>> adapted to the tag (which is not supposed to be changed).]
>>> If someone thinks that this is really a release blocker, please give an
>>> explanation on the reason (and the right way to update it).
>>
>> It is just a minor thing, but I found it in one of the release guides. I
>> think most of the releases have missed it so far. The scm links should
>> be updated to the final release tag, e.g.:
>>
>>   <scm>
>>
>> <connection>scm:svn:http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/math/tags/MATH_3_1</connection>
>>
>> <developerConnection>scm:svn:https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/math/tags/MATH_3_1</developerConnection>
>>
>> <url>http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/math/tags/MATH_3_1</url>
>>   </scm>
>>
>> I do not think it is a blocker, but when you prepare the next RC you
>> could also adapt these links.
>
> It was not in my release recipe (and probably not in "UsingNexus" on which I
> based my previous, and first, attempt to prepare a release). So I'll wait
> for a rationale. [IMHO, and IIUC (which is not sure of course), in CM, there
> is reason not to point people to a tag...]

It is in the UsingNexus guide, section Create the SVN tags (Manual method):

Edit the SCM entries in the parent POM. Note: use the final tag, without
any RC suffix

But again, I do not think it is a blocker in any way, I checked many
other releases and most of them have the link to the latest trunk there.

Thomas