commons-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Neidhart <thomas.neidh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Math 3.1
Date Sun, 16 Dec 2012 15:09:54 GMT
On 12/16/2012 04:03 PM, Gilles Sadowski wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 02:34:51PM +0100, Thomas Neidhart wrote:
>> On 12/16/2012 01:42 PM, Gilles Sadowski wrote:
>>> Hi.
>>>
>>> Please have a look at the Commons Math 3.1 release candidate.
>>>
>>> Note about the web site: I've now found that the problem reported in
>>>   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MATH-912
>>> originates from not updating
>>>   src/site/site.xml
>>> For this RC, I manually changed the "index.html" in the staging area (so
>>> that the site will have the link to the new apidocs named correctly).
>>> As this does not touch the artefacts, I hope that this small glitch[1] will
>>> not require a new RC.[2]
>>>
>>> ----------
>>> Tag:
>>>   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/math/tags/MATH_3_1_RC1/
>>>
>>> Site:
>>>   http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/math/3.1/RC1/
>>>
>>> Binaries:
>>>   https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-023/org/apache/commons/commons-math3/3.1/
>>>
>>> [ ] +1 Release it.
>>> [ ] +0 Go ahead; I don't care.
>>> [ ] -0 There are a few minor glitches: ...
>>> [x] -1 No, do not release it because ...
>>
>> there are several clirr errors reported in:
>>
>>  * DifferentiableUnivariateFunction
>>  * LogNormalDistribution
>>  * NormalDistribution
>>
>> which are not clear to me, and are also not mentioned in the release notes.
>
> I agree that in the first instances, no change should have been done (the
> more so that they are modifications of deprecated methods).
>
> The last two are false positives, for some unknown reason.
>
>> Some findbugs warnings have been introduced due to the copy of classes
>> to the new optim package, the exclude list should be adapted.
>
> Done.
>

>> the changes.xml does not specify a release date for 3.1
>
> Done. (Look at the date! ;-)
>
>> the tagged pom.xml does not specify the correct scm connection (to the
>> final release tag) - just a minor glitch.
>
> I don't quite understand this one. [IIUC, I don't see why those should be
> adapted to the tag (which is not supposed to be changed).]
> If someone thinks that this is really a release blocker, please give an
> explanation on the reason (and the right way to update it).

It is just a minor thing, but I found it in one of the release guides. I
think most of the releases have missed it so far. The scm links should
be updated to the final release tag, e.g.:

  <scm>

<connection>scm:svn:http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/math/tags/MATH_3_1</connection>

<developerConnection>scm:svn:https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/math/tags/MATH_3_1</developerConnection>

<url>http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/math/tags/MATH_3_1</url>
  </scm>

I do not think it is a blocker, but when you prepare the next RC you
could also adapt these links.

Thomas