commons-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Neidhart <thomas.neidh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Math 3.1
Date Sun, 16 Dec 2012 13:34:51 GMT
On 12/16/2012 01:42 PM, Gilles Sadowski wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Please have a look at the Commons Math 3.1 release candidate.
>
> Note about the web site: I've now found that the problem reported in
>   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MATH-912
> originates from not updating
>   src/site/site.xml
> For this RC, I manually changed the "index.html" in the staging area (so
> that the site will have the link to the new apidocs named correctly).
> As this does not touch the artefacts, I hope that this small glitch[1] will
> not require a new RC.[2]
>
> ----------
> Tag:
>   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/math/tags/MATH_3_1_RC1/
>
> Site:
>   http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/math/3.1/RC1/
>
> Binaries:
>   https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-023/org/apache/commons/commons-math3/3.1/
>
> [ ] +1 Release it.
> [ ] +0 Go ahead; I don't care.
> [ ] -0 There are a few minor glitches: ...
> [x] -1 No, do not release it because ...

there are several clirr errors reported in:

 * DifferentiableUnivariateFunction
 * LogNormalDistribution
 * NormalDistribution

which are not clear to me, and are also not mentioned in the release notes.

Some findbugs warnings have been introduced due to the copy of classes
to the new optim package, the exclude list should be adapted.

the changes.xml does not specify a release date for 3.1

the tagged pom.xml does not specify the correct scm connection (to the
final release tag) - just a minor glitch.

Thomas