commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [beanutils] Property access on a fluent API
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2012 20:48:00 GMT
Am 05.12.2012 23:13, schrieb Benedikt Ritter:
> Hi Oliver,
>
> AFAIK beanutils is not restricted to pure JavaBeans. The project website
> just says that the component provides simple wrappers around the java
> refelct and introspect API. So I would say, that the functionality you
> propsed would fit nicely into BU (maybe the scope has changed and now the
> name is a bit misleading?!).
>
> Regarding your question where to implement it: I did some work on beanutils
> 2, but there are several outstanding issues on JIRA that block me from
> providing more patches. So development is a bit stuck until someone can
> step in and review those issues and the patches attached to them.
> After that, there are a some points to address before BU2 can be promoted
> to proper and eventually be released [1].
> So if you need that functionality quickly, it would probably be easier to
> add it to BU1 and push out a release.

Thanks,

it is not that urgent because [configuration] is currently undergoing a
redesign for the 2.0 version which will take some time. I hope to find
some cycles in the near future to provide a patch with the proposed
feature for [beanutils].

Unfortunately, there does not seem to be much interest in this component
currently.

Oliver