commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles Sadowski <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject [Math] Request for future releases: kill Cobertura
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2012 02:19:46 GMT
Hello.

The situation with "Cobertura" is fairly annoying, perhaps particularly so
for Commons Math because of the size of the code base (and thus the fairly
large number of unit tests).

As it just happened, a few minor problems have now delayed the release by
several days because I have to wait about 4 hours for the site generation
to complete (on a _fast_ machine).
Hence the request to remove Cobertura from the "site" target, or at least
from the "site:stage-deploy" step, so that a new vote can take place as soon
as a problem is fixed.
[I would even argue that it is not that useful to include Cobertura in the
release process because the amount of code coverage is not acted upon (i.e.
low coverage would not block a release IIUC).]

Do you agree?
If so, can we change that for Commons Math only, or should this be done at
the "parent" level? Is is just a matter of adding
  <cobertura.skip>true</cobertura.skip>
in a new profile?

Regards,
Gilles