commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles Sadowski <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Math 3.1
Date Sun, 16 Dec 2012 15:03:20 GMT
On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 02:34:51PM +0100, Thomas Neidhart wrote:
> On 12/16/2012 01:42 PM, Gilles Sadowski wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > Please have a look at the Commons Math 3.1 release candidate.
> >
> > Note about the web site: I've now found that the problem reported in
> >   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MATH-912
> > originates from not updating
> >   src/site/site.xml
> > For this RC, I manually changed the "index.html" in the staging area (so
> > that the site will have the link to the new apidocs named correctly).
> > As this does not touch the artefacts, I hope that this small glitch[1] will
> > not require a new RC.[2]
> >
> > ----------
> > Tag:
> >   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/math/tags/MATH_3_1_RC1/
> >
> > Site:
> >   http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/math/3.1/RC1/
> >
> > Binaries:
> >   https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-023/org/apache/commons/commons-math3/3.1/
> >
> > [ ] +1 Release it.
> > [ ] +0 Go ahead; I don't care.
> > [ ] -0 There are a few minor glitches: ...
> > [x] -1 No, do not release it because ...
>
> there are several clirr errors reported in:
>
>  * DifferentiableUnivariateFunction
>  * LogNormalDistribution
>  * NormalDistribution
>
> which are not clear to me, and are also not mentioned in the release notes.

I agree that in the first instances, no change should have been done (the
more so that they are modifications of deprecated methods).

The last two are false positives, for some unknown reason.

> Some findbugs warnings have been introduced due to the copy of classes
> to the new optim package, the exclude list should be adapted.

Done.

> the changes.xml does not specify a release date for 3.1

Done. (Look at the date! ;-)

> the tagged pom.xml does not specify the correct scm connection (to the
> final release tag) - just a minor glitch.

I don't quite understand this one. [IIUC, I don't see why those should be
adapted to the tag (which is not supposed to be changed).]
If someone thinks that this is really a release blocker, please give an
explanation on the reason (and the right way to update it).

Thanks,
Gilles