commons-dev mailing list archives

From luc <...@spaceroots.org>
Subject Re: [ALL] Moving from Incubator to Commons?
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2012 08:15:27 GMT
Hi all,

Le 2012-11-08 05:40, Phil Steitz a écrit :
> On 11/7/12 8:06 PM, James Carman wrote:
>> On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 10:42 PM, Gary Gregory
>> <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> And it does not fit what I consider commons naming. Recall the
>>> recent
>>> rename from sanselan to imaging.
>>>
>> Yeah, we like to use more concrete names related to the problem
>> domain
>> of the component.
>
> Yeah, but before the name was coopted for a mobile OS, "android" was
> a common synonym for "robot"  which is very descriptive ;)
>
> Other than sebb's (and my) comments that this *could* be a TLP, any
> other reasons that this code does not belong in Commons?

Would they feel at home here? I think it is the main question. If they
want
to come and feel comfortable with us, they are welcome. If they come
only
because someone told them to go there but do not have any acquaintance
with
the rest of the components, they could establish their own TLP that
would
fit their needs.

It also depends on whether they want to build their own PMC or not.

best regards,
Luc