commons-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [all] moving to svnpubsub or CMS?
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2012 18:48:04 GMT
On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 8:25 AM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:

> On Nov 14, 2012, at 2:03 PM, Ted Dunning wrote:

>>> http://maven.apache.org/sandbox/plugins/asf-svnpubsub-plugin/examples/importing-maven-site.html
>>> IMHO first checkin will be simpler doing a checkin of content from p.a.o
>>>
>>> If you use this maven plugin and your project doesn't have any sub
>>> modules deploying a site is a simple as today: mvm site-deploy (for
>>> multi modules it's a different if needed I can help a bit as I have
>>> setup that for other asf projects and write some part of this plugin
>>> :-) ).
>>>
>>> The question is more do you want to continue maven site generation for
>>> docs or move to asf cms ?
>>>

>> This is a false dichotomy.
>>
>> Maven site generation can work with ASF CMS if desired.
>
> That is sort of true but doesn't really apply to commons.  I created the Flume site using
Maven and Maven generates the site from RST source files.  This isn't a typical Maven project
site.  In essence it is a CMS project that happens to invoke Maven whenever content is changed.

> IMO the Logging project site is a lot closer to what Commons needs.  The top level site
is managed by the CMS.  Each of the project sites is built by Maven and is directly checked
into the production area and each is independently managed.  See http://wiki.apache.org/logging/ManagingTheWebSite

+1

And I suggest we get a testing instance for the CMS pretty soon. Last
time infra made it up pretty quickly, but moving all component
websites to this place takes a long time.