commons-dev mailing list archives

From Sébastien Brisard <sebastien.bris...@m4x.org>
Subject [math] UTF-8 characters in javadoc comments
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2012 06:53:10 GMT
Hi,
since the pom specifies the encoding of our source files as well as the
generated HTML files of the Javadoc, it occured to me that it is possible
to use UTF-8 characters in the Javadoc comments.
I think using Γ instead of &Gamma;, or ≤ instead of &le; increases
readability of the source files. However, to the best of my knowledge,
UTF-8 characters are not used in our source files. Is there a reason for
this? Do you object to my using these in the Gamma and Beta classes?

Best regards,
Sébastien