commons-dev mailing list archives

From Sébastien Brisard <sebastien.bris...@m4x.org>
Subject Re: [math] UTF-8 characters in javadoc comments
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2012 11:33:30 GMT
Hi Gary,

2012/11/14 Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com>

> I think you have to tell the compiler and javadoc plugin about the
> encoding.
>
> The thing I don't understand is that the encoding for the javadoc plugin
should default [1] to ${project.build.sourceEncoding} and
${project.reporting.outputEncoding} which are both set to UTF-8 in our pom.
I must be missing something...

Sébastien

[1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-javadoc-plugin/faq.html#What_are_the_values_of_encoding_docencoding_and_charset_parameters

Gary