commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Dave Marion" <dlmar...@comcast.net>
Subject RE: [VFS] HDFS provider
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2012 23:42:34 GMT
For those that were interested, I submitted an initial patch in VFS-442. I'm working on the
suggested changes.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: dlmarion@comcast.net [mailto:dlmarion@comcast.net]
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2012 1:17 PM
To: dev@commons.apache.org
Subject: Re: [VFS] HDFS provider

I forgot to subscribe to the dev mailing list before sending the email. I just read the responses
on the archive and subscribed.

I do have unit tests, but they do not use an embedded server. They are more like functional
tests and require a running instance of HDFS on the system. I have not looked [yet] to see
if HDFS has a mock server or one that can be embedded. My code is up at https://github.com/dlmarion/ACCUMULO-708
in case anyone is interested. I'm still working on the ticket, so I'll look to see if I can
modify the unit tests. Thanks,

Dave