commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles Sadowski <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: [Math] About the API of the optimizers
Date Sun, 07 Oct 2012 18:25:06 GMT
Hi.

> [...]

I've created MATH-874.

Let me know whether there is any objection to commit the proposed patch.

I wonder whether there should be (working) defaults for "maxEval" and
"goalType", or whether it is safer to let an exception be raised when the
user has not set it at least once.
I'd tend to think that a default is fine:
 * MAX_VALUE for the number of evaluations
 * MINIMIZE for the type of optimization
and the last value set by the user for any subsequent calls to "optimize"
where those parameters are not specified (cf. code attached in JIRA).

Regards,
Gilles