commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <Joerg.Schai...@scalaris.com>
Subject Re: [CSV] Release status?
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2012 09:24:42 GMT
Hi Simo,

Simone Tripodi wrote:

>>> Any agreement (or objection) on changing that?
>>
>> Why? CSV is an acronym and as such capital letters are OK.
>
> I remember a thread where we discussed about that, unfortunately I
> cannot find it anymore (quickly tried a little on markmail but with no
> success) - not sure we arrived somewhere - but I remember there where
> two "schools of thought" about it: I personally prefer the Gary's one,
> i.e. XmlParser rather than XMLParser.

JDK has actually XMLWriter as well as XmlWriter :D

However, since is more of a personal preference, I'd not set up any rule for
all Apache commons components, we should just try to keep it consistent
within a component.

While I know that Gary would like to finalize the API for 1.0 I'd personally
find it annoying if I had to change code just because of a personal
preference (using SNAPSHOTs of CVS for long times - and I bet I am not the
only one using SNAPSHOTs after so much years this component is floating
around). As long as it's consistent I'd simply keep it now.

- Jörg