commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [codec] Getting ready for an RC
Date Sun, 02 Sep 2012 19:51:14 GMT
On 2 September 2012 19:45, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All:
>
> There has been a recent mini-flury of changes in codec as a release
> candidate is approaching.
>
> Thank you to all the committers and patchers for helping codec move closer
> to another release.
>
> This coming week or next weekend, I'd like to roll an RC.
>
> Does anyone want to discuss anything or fiddle with code before I proceed?

DigestUtils shaHex methods have been deprecated in favour of sha1Hex;
as such I would expect the shaHex implementations to delegate to sha1.
Instead they have their own implementations; it is only by comparison
with the sha1 versions that one can see they are the same.

[If this is done, could then consider dropping the shaHex test case.]

Also, why is getShaDigest not deprecated in favour of getSha1Digest?

Still looking at the rest of the code.