commons-dev mailing list archives

From James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: commons-lang pull request: Update src/main/java/org/apache/commons/lang3/Sy...
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2012 11:11:18 GMT
"Cool" as in "that's great that we're getting contributions from folks
via Github" or "cool" as in "it's cool to use patches via Github pull
requests, since there's an implied license grant"?

I agree that it's minor enough that any of us could just implement it
"from scratch" and just not worry.  Do any of us have a dev
environment set up on a windows 8 machine (or VM I guess) yet?

On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 5:01 AM, Henri Yandell <flamefew@gmail.com> wrote:
> Cool to have a patch come in via github. Bear in mind there's nothing
> to suggest Olloth is on the mailing list.
>
> Hen
>
> On Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 6:16 PM, James Carman <james@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:
>> Can you submit a JIRA and attach a SVN patch please?
>>
>> On Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 8:19 PM, Olloth <git@git.apache.org> wrote:
>>> GitHub user Olloth opened a pull request:
>>>
>>>     https://github.com/apache/commons-lang/pull/2
>>>
>>>     Update src/main/java/org/apache/commons/lang3/SystemUtils.java
>>>
>>>     Updated SystemUtils to account for Windows 8.
>>>
>>>     Windows 8 RTM is released, soon to be going out to consumers. Many people
are already using it.

>>>     The current version is 6.2.9200.16384 (RTM) and the string returned by the
java property is "Windows 8" in accordance with 7 and other versions.