commons-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Neidhart <thomas.neidh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Math] Towards release 3.1
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2012 12:55:00 GMT
On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 2:04 PM, Gilles Sadowski <
gilles@harfang.homelinux.org> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> This thread was left alone for some time, although the main issue was not
> settled: I requested the release of a new version of CM.
>
> I quote my remarks from an earlier message in this thread:
>
> > [...] issues resulted in some work being done, [...]
> > My opinion is that releases must reflect that fact. Or, conversely, only
> > "nothing new happened" is a reason for not providing a new release.
> >
> > Of course, there should be a balance between the work imposed by
> preparing a
> > release, and the updated contents to be released. I think that the
> trade-off
> > is already largely positive.
>
> and

> blocking the
>
> and
>
> > Of course, I'd be all for setting a date for release 3.2 too!
>
> Context:
> I have to abide by the requirement to use an _official_ release of CM and
> my
> code relies on bug fixes present in the development version.
>
> Are there any technical reasons to object to the starting of the release
> process?

Hi Gilles, all,

I support the release request and we are already in September anyway (which
was the envisioned release time of CM 3.1 afaikr).
Regarding open issues from my side:

 * I would like to fix MATH-848 before the release but will have time the
next 2 weeks
 * MATH-789: I did an initial analysis but failed to further proceed, maybe
Luc can take a look?
 * MATH-842: the fix I made seems to work, but needs more investigation,
can be postponed
 * MATH-819: more like a general problem and may be resolved as WONT FIX,
TBD

The additions I proposed can all be postponed (and I need something to do
over winter ;-)

Cheers,

Thomas