commons-dev mailing list archives

From Sébastien Brisard <sebastien.bris...@m4x.org>
Subject Re: [math] Re: Single root for Exceptions
Date Sat, 01 Sep 2012 08:03:13 GMT
Hi,

in ConjugateGradient, I get the following error

"Exception NonPositiveDefiniteOperatorException is not compatible with
throws clause in
PreconditionedIterativeLinearSolver.solveInPlace(RealLinearOperator,
RealLinearOperator, RealVector, RealVector)"

This comes from the fact that general iterative solvers do not require
positive definite operators (therefore, no
"throws NonPositiveDefiniteOperatorException" clause in the signature of
PreconditionedIterativeLinearSolver.solveInPlace), while conjugate
gradient does.

Do I need to add the "throws NonPositiveDefiniteOperatorException"
clause in the signature of
PreconditionedIterativeLinearSolver.solveInPlace as well?

Sébastien