commons-dev mailing list archives

From dlmar...@comcast.net
Subject Re: [VFS] HDFS provider
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2012 17:16:34 GMT

I forgot to subscribe to the dev mailing list before sending the email. I just read the responses
on the archive and subscribed.

I do have unit tests, but they do not use an embedded server. They are more like functional
tests and require a running instance of HDFS on the system. I have not looked [yet] to see
if HDFS has a mock server or one that can be embedded. My code is up at https://github.com/dlmarion/ACCUMULO-708
in case anyone is interested. I'm still working on the ticket, so I'll look to see if I can
modify the unit tests. Thanks,

Dave

----- Original Message -----

From: dlmarion@comcast.net
To: dev@commons.apache.org
Cc: dlmarion@comcast.net
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2012 10:04:28 PM
Subject: [VFS] HDFS provider

  I did not see a provider for HDFS on the list of supported file systems. I created a read-only
HDFS provider while working on an Accumulo ticket. I was wondering if one of the devs had
time to review to see if I made any glaring mistakes. I am in the process of becoming an Accumulo
committer, so I'm assuming that this file system provider could be included in the VFS project
if it makes sense. Thanks,

Dave Marion