commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [all] Checkstyle and '+' should be on the previous line.
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2012 16:59:55 GMT
On 9/1/12 10:11 AM, Gary Gregory wrote:

I have not tried using it, but the eclipse config that Luc posted
[1] includes this line, which I suspect configures this behavior:

<setting
id="org.eclipse.jdt.core.formatter.wrap_before_binary_operator"
value="false"/>

I am curious why you don't like it.  To me, it is similar to putting
the open paren for a method call on the preceding line.  Easier to
read for me at least.  Of course, in keeping with my normal "too
many rules == evil" view, I don't see it as something that needs to
be standardized :)

Phil

[1] http://markmail.org/message/djnlefeodk2xa7bz