commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <>
Subject Re: [all] Checkstyle and '+' should be on the previous line.
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2012 16:59:55 GMT
On 9/1/12 10:11 AM, Gary Gregory wrote:

I have not tried using it, but the eclipse config that Luc posted
[1] includes this line, which I suspect configures this behavior:

I am curious why you don't like it.  To me, it is similar to putting
the open paren for a method call on the preceding line.  Easier to
read for me at least.  Of course, in keeping with my normal "too
many rules == evil" view, I don't see it as something that needs to
be standardized :)

> Hi All:
> Checkstyle can report warnings like:
> '+' should be on the previous line.
> FWIW, I'm not fond of this particular checkstyle rule.
> Does anyone know if the Eclipse formatter can be made to behave like this?
> I've not found such setting in the giant formatter options dialog. I am on
> Eclipse 3.7.2. Are there any 4.x users out there? If so, does 4.x deal with
> this?
> Thank you,
> Gary

To unsubscribe, e-mail: